Wednesday, April 11, 2007

General Update

Spring seems to be the season for deadlines because I've had more than a couple come up over the last few weeks, both personal and professional. On March 29th, I submitted my second installment of book reviews of the D. Scott Rogo collection to the Journal of Scientific Exploration. Then yesterday was the deadline to submit papers to the annual conference of the Parapsychological Association, to which a coauthor and I submitted a research brief. And as I type this, I am procrastinating on getting my taxes done!

There have been ups and downs over the last few weeks, as well as a good bit of excitement as far as Public Parapsychology is concerned. In February, I received a grant that made it possible to get memberships to the top professional organizations in the field, which means that I'm now getting most of the major parapsychology journals delivered to my door. That makes it much, much easier to keep up on the field. Of course, having a stack of current parapsychology journals on my dresser means that there are lots of great articles to present to the public on this site, including a collaborative study of my own! I'd better get to work.

I was also able to purchase a domain name (www.publicparapsychology.org) and P.O. box for Public Parapsychology. It's not time to update your bookmarks yet because I'm still using Blogger to update the site, but at least I now have a place to handle my site email and store files as necessary. And you can send me mail now! I like getting mail, so send me some. Go ahead, you know you want to....

Public Parapsychology
P.O. Box 24173
Columbus, OH 43224

Last but not least, I am looking for other researchers/students in the field of parapsychology who are interested in guest blogging for the site. The field of parapsychology might be pretty tiny, but it is still too much for one person to digest, so email me if you've got some background in the field and you're interested in writing editorials, reviews, or articles for Public Parapsychology.

No comments: